Grand Prixes put you in a series of four races called a cup. There are eight cups total (four already unlocked). Four of them are Wii cups, and these are brand new. The other four are Retro Cups, and these are courses that have appeared in previous Mario Kart games.
You're racing against 11 other opponents, and the position you finish grants you a certain number of points.if you are new to it you will see that there's 1 player 2 players 3 players or 4 player
The Grand prix is split into 50cc, 100cc, 150cc, and Mirror cups. The "cc" refers to the power of the vehicles, with 50 being the slowest. Once you beat all the 50cc and 100cc Grand Prixes, which allow only karts and bikes respectively, you can switch them to race using either vehicle type. This is advantageous because you can use your favorite vehicle to get a high ranking (see below).
Once you complete all four courses in the specific cup, you are given an award and a rank. Both are extremely important if you want to unlock additional courses, characters, and vehicles.
You recieve a Gold Trophy if you finish first. You recieve a Silver Trophy if you finish in second. You recieve a Bronze Trophy if you finish in third. You recieve a key holder if you finish in fourth or lower.
List of Grand Prix related unlockables.
- Baby Daisy: Unlocked by having one star or more in 50cc New cups.
- Diddy Kong: Unlocked by beating the 50cc Retro Cups.
- Bowser Jr.: Unlocked by having one star in 100cc Retro Cups.
- Daisy: Unlocked by beating the 150cc Special Cup.
- Dry Bones: Unlocked by beating the 100cc Leaf Cup.
- Dry Bowser: Unlocked by having one star in the four 150cc New cups.
- King Boo: Unlocked by beating 50cc Star Cup.
- Mii (Outfit A): Unlocked by beating the 100cc Special Cup.
- Zip Zip: Beat 100cc Lightning Cup.
- Sneakster: Have one star in the 100cc new cups.
- Quacker: Beat 150cc Star Cup.
- Phantom: Beat Mirror Special Cup.
- Shooting Star: Beat 100cc Star Cup.
- Jet Bubble: Beat Mirror Leaf Cup.
- Dolphin Dasher: Beat Mirror Star Cup.